Thursday, November 24, 2011

Former Captain, J. J. Okocha turns down Beach Eagles' Offer

To be a worthy Citizen, ask yourself whether you are productive or not. The future belongs to productivity. I want you to be a producer, not a consumer!

FORMER Super Eagles captain, Mr. Okocha, has turned down an invitation to play for the Beach Eagles saying that he has no plan to return to active football four years after he ceremoniously called it quits.

Coach of the Beach Eagles, Adamu Audu, siad that he extended invitations to Okocha alongside Mutiu Adepoju, Garba Lawal, Friday Ekpo and Victor Ikpeba to join the team in preparing for the Four-Nation tournament, Copa Lagos billed to hold in December in Lagos.

Okocha, while speaking in Lagos however, said that donning the colours of Nigeria as a player again is out of place. “I made my retirement official and it’s almost four years now and I’m not planning to come out of retirement. I believe I ‘m still contributing to football and this is voluntary because I’m not being paid but I believe I’m giving back to the society what I have gained from it.
“So, coming back as a player is a taboo for me.  I mean, my career as a player is over. If I have the opportunity to have fun on the beach, it’s a different thing but it won’t be an obligation or career. If I’m going to play beach football, it’s left to me decide but as a player, I’m history,” said the man who captained the Super Eagles to the 2002 World Cup.

I love people who have the king-making plans. Okocha is actively contributing to the Nation's sport, he should be given go ahead! He is a true hero.

What would you do to make this Country proud? Go and start something!

No comments:

Post a Comment